THIS is about food. Zucchinis are all over the place. My garden at home has tomatoes, zukes, cukes, basil and lettuce. The zukes are really good now for PASTA. Yes, I mean PASTA. Tastes great and has no wheat. After all, pasta is usually only a carrier for the sauce. So, here goes:
• A big zuke ( or several small ones) peeled
• Slice thin. Then cut thin strips from the slice about the size of fettucini pasta
• Boil in salted water for ONE MINUTE. NO MORE.
• Put on sauce, salt, pepper, whatever.
Wheat free, fresh pasta. You will love it. Don’t over-boil -- it gets mushy quickly.
You can make lasagna out of zukes, too. Just slice big, wide, thin slices. Use instead of wheat pasta. Fabulous.
My tomatoe sauce ( actually my wife’s, she’s a great chef).
• Lots of tomatoes, cut in chunks
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• Garlic cloves mashed
• Anchovies if you like them
• Capers if you like them,
Cook over 275 degrees until the consistency is like a paste. Enjoy.
I forgot!!! Put fresh basil chopped up on all things---well, not ice cream, but then again…..who knows.